Leftover Beauty - Vol. 1
This is where being frugal meets creativity. As a single parent chef, many of us need to save money and one way to do this is to re-purpose leftover food from the night before. This posting's leftover revamp involves baked potatoes.
Baked potatoes are not only a great side dish for dinner for also serves as a marvelous add-on to breakfast as home fries.
Here's how to make them:
- 10" cast iron pan
- 5" Chopping Knife
- Cutting board used for vegetables/fruit (not animal protein)
- 2 medium sized left over baked potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat pan over medium heat and drizzle vegetable oil into the pan
- Cube the onions and potatoes
- Put the tablespoon of butter into the pan, spread it around throughout and then add the onions. Fry until they are translucent.
- Add the potatoes into the pan, add salt, pepper and other spices to your liking. Spread them evenly over the surface of the pan. Let them sit for approx. 5 min.
- Flip the potatoes over and let them fry for another 5 minutes.
- Once they are browned to your liking, plate them with your favorite egg dish.