Leftovers For The Win!
Just a quickie (those are always fun ;), I had some left over Brussel sprouts and a baked potato from last night. So I decided to do a quick mini-feast for breakfast. Here's how it went:
Software: Additional ingredients needed: 1 clove garlic, 2 green onoin finely chopped, 2-3 tbst oil, 1 tbst butter, salt and pepper or your favorite spice blend for savory cooking.
Hardware: 10" saute pan (preferrably a well-seasoned cast iron pan)
- Heat a 10" saute pan over medium heat
- Cut sprouts into quarters - set aside
- Cut baked potato into similarly sized pieces - set aside
- Crush a clove of garlic - set aside
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to pan
- Once a sacrificial piece of potato sizzles right away when dropped into the pan, immediately add prepared ingredients and sautee until sprouts soften and potatos lightly brown
- Season to taste with salt and pepper (or your favorite blend)
- Raise heat to medium high till oil starts to actively bubble
- Add 1 tbsp of butter to pan, stir.
- Scramble two eggs with approx 1 tbsp of water.
- Add eggs to mixture in pan and let sit for approx 30 seconds
- Turn mixture over with a spatula so eggs cook thoroughly
- Once eggs are cooked - plate your concoction
- Garnish with chopped green onion and sriracha (of hot sauce of your choice)